As the weather cools down, the rain pounds on the roof and my kitchen floods at regular intervals, it feels like the time to indulge in a slice of something sweet with a cup of something hot, the eternal combination of comfort seekers everywhere.
These brownies are ideal for weathering the storm – quick, easy and you don’t even have to have chocolate on hand to make them. They’d be perfect with a cup of tea if tea interested me in the least, but I prefer them with a coffee or a big glass of cold milk. That way I can either be an incredibly grown up or a 6 year old child, whichever seems easiest at the time.
Cocoa Raspberry Brownies (Adapted from The Stone Soup)
1¼ cups 255g caster sugar
¾ cup (80g) cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup (75g) plain flour
1 cup frozen raspberries or morello cherries
Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a slice tin with two sheets of baking paper so that it overlaps the sides.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan. When just melted, remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and cocoa powder, ensuring there are no lumps.
Add the vanilla extract and eggs and mix well. Gently stir in the flour until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Pour the mixture into the lines pan. Dot the brownies with frozen raspberries.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the top feels just set. Cool in the tin, cut and then serve.
What’s your favourite wet weather recipe?
Popular posts this month…
- Review – Philips Saeco Intelia posted on January 10, 2012
- Lau’s Ultimate Corn Fritters and the four fritter truths posted on March 1, 2013
- 3 great hole-in-the-wall CBD Cafes posted on April 13, 2012
- The quest for Mex part 2 – Feisty Chicken Burritos posted on December 21, 2010
- Café Review – Klink Handmade Espresso, Sydney CBD posted on March 29, 2011
- The Grounds of Alexandria posted on April 4, 2012
- Rolador, Hamilton, Newcastle posted on June 15, 2012
- Fairy Bread posted on March 11, 2011
- Melbourne does Doughnuts
- No more shit #travelcoffee and #workcoffee
- Why I write and four ace bloggers who do it better
- The five best things I ate in London
- Shoreditch is awesome, airports are not
- I quit sugar? Do I bollocks.
- Cubao Street Food, Alexandria
- The Reformatory Caffeine Lab, Surry Hills
- Brewtown Newtown
- Stay caffeinated over Christmas
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 Australia License.
Disclaimer:All opinions in this blog are mine, an everyday, real-life person. I do not accept payment for reviews and nor do I write sponsored posts. I do not endorse the content of the comments herein. From time to time I give away products and experiences to my readers, all competitions have completely arbitrary rules, all decisions are final and all prizes awarded as I see fit.