The National Multicultural Festival 2012 – A post in pictures
The National Multicultural Festival is held each year in Canberra, and as far as I’m concerned it’s the best food fest in Australia. This year it ran from the 10th to the 12th of February.
Nepalese Momo (dumplings). Some were filled with lamb, some with veggies. The accompanying sauce was extremely hot.
Ethiopian. We had this as our morning tea. There’s a potato and cabbage dish, a lentil stew and I want to say key wat? And of course, blissfully crumpety injera.
OMG, the Sicilian stall! They only sold sweets and I coudn’t resist. We tried this custard filled fried morsel, yum!
All that eating makes you pretty darn thirsy. Luckily there were free water bottles and free water.
Sausages on the grill…
…and a sausage dog in a bag!
As you can see, it’s a pretty popular place to be.
The line for the Loukamades (greek doughnuts) is always massive. They weren’t as deliciously crispy as last year though…
A papusa from one of the Mexican stall. A cornmeal based thick tortilla, in this case filled with cheese.
And a delicious chicken tamale.
Which is your favourite food festival?
You can read last year’s post here.
About meSharing easy recipes, hunting down the best coffee. Honest accounts, nothing too serious. Read more...
- Aerpress means no more shit #travelcoffee and #workcoffee
- Why I write and four ace bloggers who do it better
- The five best things I ate in London
- Shoreditch is awesome, airports are not
- I quit sugar? Do I bollocks.
- Cubao Street Food, Alexandria
- The Reformatory Caffeine Lab, Surry Hills
- Brewtown Newtown
- Stay caffeinated over Christmas
- Gumption by Coffee Alchemy, Sydney CBD
Popular posts this month…
- The quest for Mex part 1 – Mexican Red Rice posted on December 17, 2010
- Cubao Street Food, Alexandria posted on May 26, 2014
- The quest for Mex part 2 – Feisty Chicken Burritos posted on December 21, 2010
- Café review – Flint and Steel (Coffee Alchemy), Marrickville posted on March 1, 2011
- Sparkling Long Black posted on May 10, 2011
- The Reformatory Caffeine Lab, Surry Hills posted on February 14, 2014
- Kosher Whole Orange Cake posted on July 5, 2011
- Gumption by Coffee Alchemy, Sydney CBD posted on December 13, 2013
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 Australia License.
Disclaimer:All opinions in this blog are mine, an everyday, real-life person. I do not accept payment for reviews and nor do I write sponsored posts. I do not endorse the content of the comments herein.