This classy-looking dessert is anything but. Serve with a glass of sweet sherry for the perfect lazy bogan treat.
White Trash Tiramisu (AKA Scallywag Icebox Cake) – Serves 6-8
What you need:
- 1 packet chocolate ‘scallywag’ biscuits or other plain chocolate biscuits (250g)
- 600 ml pure cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons cheap rum
- ¼ cup coke
- 3 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- For decorating – 2 strawberries (optional)
What you do:
Whip ⅔ of the cream to firm peaks. Mix together the rum and coke in a small bowl.
On a rectangular platter, lay out 6 biscuits in three rows of two.
Brush well with rum and coke, spread with a layer of cream. Repeat until all biscuits are used – I had 5 layers of bikkies.
Coat the entire thing with a thin layer of the remaining cream (on all sides) cover loosely with cling wrap and refrigerate at least overnight.
A couple of hours before serving, whip the remaining cream with cocoa and icing sugar to soft peaks. Spread with a knife or metal spatula, dipping in hot water for the final smooth over. If desired, mix some cocoa and hot water and smooth over a couple of stripes, blending into the cream. Top with strawberries, chill and serve.
Popular posts this month…
- Kosher Whole Orange Cake posted on July 5, 2011
- Lau’s Ultimate Corn Fritters and the four fritter truths posted on March 1, 2013
- The quest for Mex part 2 – Feisty Chicken Burritos posted on December 21, 2010
- Review – Philips Saeco Intelia posted on January 10, 2012
- Lazy’s Girl’s Bun Bo Xao posted on March 18, 2011
- Fairy Bread posted on March 11, 2011
- 3 great hole-in-the-wall CBD Cafes posted on April 13, 2012
- Sri Lankan Spinach with Coconut posted on December 10, 2010
- Melbourne does Doughnuts
- No more shit #travelcoffee and #workcoffee
- Why I write and four ace bloggers who do it better
- The five best things I ate in London
- Shoreditch is awesome, airports are not
- I quit sugar? Do I bollocks.
- Cubao Street Food, Alexandria
- The Reformatory Caffeine Lab, Surry Hills
- Brewtown Newtown
- Stay caffeinated over Christmas
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 Australia License.
Disclaimer:All opinions in this blog are mine, an everyday, real-life person. I do not accept payment for reviews and nor do I write sponsored posts. I do not endorse the content of the comments herein. From time to time I give away products and experiences to my readers, all competitions have completely arbitrary rules, all decisions are final and all prizes awarded as I see fit.